Department of Place
Planning, Transportation & Highways
Road Safety Trainer (Term Time Only – 38 weeks)
1 x 25 hours per week (Monday – Friday)
Band 5 - £11,940 - £12,370 pa (Actual TT salary)
Based at Shipley Town Hall but will involve travel across the Bradford district.
Roads are essential to how we live. We all use them in some way, by walking, riding, driving or travelling as a passenger. Using the roads will always involve an element of risk, but City of Bradford Metropolitan District Council is committed to improving safety for everyone using our network and to preventing road casualties. The Road Safety Team contribute to this aim through the delivery of a wide ranging programme of education, training and publicity.
We are seeking a motivated and enthusiastic person who will work as part of the team to deliver cyclist, pedestrian, pre driver and other road safety education and training programmes which are designed to enable road users to move safely in the current road environment.
- Have a minimum of 12 month’s relevant experience working with children and young people on a paid or voluntary basis. E.g. in a school, nursery, playgroup, coaching, sports, drama or youth group setting.
- Have 5 GCSE’s Grade A*-C (including Maths and English).
- Have an understanding of child and young person development.
- Be able to identify current road safety issues and act as a positive role model.
- Be able to deliver road safety training, presentations, talks and lessons to all age groups.
- Be able to use Microsoft Office applications and maintain necessary records / administrative work associated with the role
- Be able to work flexibly to accommodate the needs of the service both within a team and, on occasions, alone.
- Be able to drive and hold a full driving licence.
For further information or an informal discussion about the role please contact Mrs Rebecca James on 01274 435178 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
An enhanced disclosure check with the Disclosure and Barring Service will be undertaken for this post.
The Code of Practice on the English language requirement for public sector workers, Part 7 of the Immigration Act 2016 requires that Councils ensure that all candidates applying for customer facing posts must be assessed in order to establish their fluency in English.
The criteria under special knowledge and experience on the job profile which is shown in this advert outlines what level of fluency you will be expected to demonstrate. Therefore, it is essential that you provide examples in your application.
Closing Date: 5th April 2023
Please see attached Job Profile: Road Safety Trainer - JP.doc